ADDICTION UK

Addiction UK for the latest information exploring new treatment models and the revolutionary TEN STAGES study course with its challenges to recovery norms.

 

Fraser Trevor Fraser Trevor Author
Title: I can watch my serenity level rise when I discard my expectations.
Author: Fraser Trevor
Rating 5 of 5 Des:
  I can watch my serenity level rise when I discard my expectations. But then my “rights” try to move in, and they, too, can force my sereni...

 

I can watch my serenity level rise when I discard my expectations. But then my “rights” try to move in, and they, too, can force my serenity level down. I have to discard my “rights,” as well as my expectations, by asking myself, “How important is it, really? How important is it com­pared to my serenity, my emotional sobriety?” And when I place more value on my serenity and sobriety than on anything else, I can maintain them at a higher level—at least for the time being.   -- Doctor, Alcoholic, Addict, Alcoholics Anonymous, page 452 (3rd Ed.) -- Acceptance Was The Answer, Alcoholics Anonymous, page 422 (4th Ed.)

AUK

Post a Comment

 
Top